Tuesday, April 23, 2013


If I Could Cure ONE Disease

If I could cure one disease, I would cure Cystic Fibrosis. This disease really hits home for my family & I. My mom’s best friend had cystic fibrosis, and had to deal with it her whole life. She passed away at a very young age. She was a mother, wife, and best friend. I don’t think anyone should have to deal with losing a loved on, so in honor of her, I would cure cystic fibrosis.
Five facts about the disease

·        About 1,000 new cases of cystic fibrosis are diagnosed each year.
·        More than 70% of patients are diagnosed by age two.
·        The predicted median age of survival for a person with CF is in the late 30s.
·        CF patients need to take enzyme replacement medication to be able to absorb fat and protein.
·        To have cystic fibrosis both of your parents must’ve been carriers of the gene to pass it on to the child.

I support a foundation called “Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.” Every year this foundation has around 100 walks to raise money to find a cure. To increase awareness, they sell bracelets that all the proceeds go to, I have one and I wear it everyday! Everything in support goes to helping find a cure. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. It is so tragic what this disease does to families.

    ReplyDelete